Segmentation fault at boot

Simon Comeau Martel martelsc at videotron.ca
Fri Oct 18 20:47:34 PDT 2002

My LFS 3.3 system worked well for long times, but since a couple of day, I get a segmentation fault at boot!  Anyone have an idea where the problem come from?  By chance, I think that is not a big issue; I didn't saw any consequence; everyting still work like a charm! (Except the error at boot time...)

(And no, nothing in /etc/rc.d/init.d have been modified recently)

root:~# /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S10sysklogd start
Starting system log daemon...                    Already running     [ ATTN ]
Starting kernel log daemon...
/etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S10sysklogd: line 17:  1923 Segmentation fault      "[FAILED]

(I was not sure in which support list I should asked for help, so I first submit my problem this morning to blfs-support, but since I didn't get a solution, I decided to post it here to...  I am sorry if it's not a thing to do...)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org