The SPUs seem to become VERY irrealistic

Rui Ferreira ruifmferreira at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 18 17:34:51 PDT 2002

From: "Florian Hess (FLoH)" <hipabos at web.de>
Subject: Re: The SPUs seem to become VERY irrealistic

> But, as a conclusion, something's confusing me: Gerard thought his SPU
> value to provide a relative base to appreciate compile times, and he
> tested this relation on many systems as he say. But it was not
> relative in my case: it exceeded 2,5h by far (6h until aborted).

1st thing: it's SBU - Static Bash Unit

Compiling in your machine I'm sure requires lots of swapping with the hd and
you didn't have dma, so it's pretty natural the given SBU doesn't work with
you.
The developers machines have lots of ram and the processes fly at mach 1 and
above :)
It REALLY makes a difference!

BTW: Which chapter? and How many languages?

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org