The SPUs seem to become VERY irrealistic

Florian Hess (FLoH) hipabos at web.de
Fri Oct 18 14:25:10 PDT 2002

Hi lfs-experts,

All went well - until the gcc compilation in ch5 (lfs4.0). My
measurement of 1 SPU = 892sec is no more realistic at all. The
compilation has been started 6:28p, and 10:35p (for 4h instead of
approx 2,5h) the process was still in the make phase. I get more and
more uneasy (Why I don't know. "coolness" is not really one of my
strengths). How long will the glibc take, then?

Can that happen, and how? My system is: P150, 16mb + 300mb Swap space,
Debian Potato, CD1 (all development tasks installed).

The dma mode has been activated at 10:00p, but he doesn't seem to
accelerate the compilation.

Any hints to change something? May it be that the compiler is caught
in a never-ending loop?

I'm afraid to have to sleep on the sofa in the living room because the
pc (with the hdd having hard work) is installed in my chamber :-(.

FLoH.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org