ldconfig

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Oct 18 12:20:25 PDT 2002

On October 17, 2002 08:18 am, Dan Osterrath wrote:
> $ ls -l / | grep etc
> drwxr-xr-x 8 root root 4096	Okt 17 15:29 etc

Just for you to know next time: ld -ls /etc yields the same output but less to
type. Might be nice to remember.

> $ ldconfig -vp
> 0 libs found in cache `/etc/ld.so.cache'
>
> This was really just too easy! Other ideas?

Have you tried removing the /etc/ld.so.cache file before running ldconfig?
I've had problems too before where the cache file was corrupt and subsequent
ldconfig invocations didn't do anything, until I removed the cache file, then
it was re-created properly.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org