gcc 3.2 patches

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Oct 18 12:03:42 PDT 2002

On October 13, 2002 10:41 pm, Simon Comeau Martel wrote:
> LFS-CVS
>
> We use both of the patches (gcc-3.2-nofixincludes-2.patch.bz2 and
> gcc-3.2.patch.bz2) in chapter 5 but only one (gcc-3.2.patch.bz2) in chapter
> 6??  Can I know why?

gcc-3.2-nofixincludes-2.patch:
This prevents the fixincludes script from running. This is needed because
under normal circumstances the GCC installation will run the fixincludes
scripts which scans your system for header files that need to be fixed. Say
it finds Glibc header files. It will fix them and will end up in
$LFS/static/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2. Later on in chapter 6 you
will install Glibc which will install header files in /usr/include. Next
you will install other programs which will use Glibc headers. GCC will look
in /static/lib/gcc-lib before looking in /usr/include, whichhas the result
of Glibc header files from your host distribution being found and used which
are probably incompatible with the Glibc version actually in use on the LFS
system.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org