booting kernel..... then nada, zip, time to power cycle

Bill maltby - LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Fri Oct 18 11:15:37 PDT 2002

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, Scott Thornley wrote:
> I just finished following the 4.0 rc1 book, and other than a few instances
> of brain fade/typos/etc...[...]

> Is there a mechanical way of  importing the .config file used by SuSE  ?
> That might get me a bit closer than I am, as other than being currently
> unable to use the Winmodem, SuSE is working quite well for me.

IIRC, in the book is a reference (in the chapter08?) about using make
oldconfig. Focus there and I think you'll see what you need. It will
prompt you for any new config settings that are not in the ol config you
copy in.

> Also, this is a quite bit off topic, but apparently you have the option to
> load an image during boot. Does anyone know where that image is kept, and
> how to implement it's being loaded ?

Use the LFS search - this has been touched on many times, many ways.

--
Bill Maltby
billm at wlmcs.com

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org