Changing processor

Anthony T. goumba_tony at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 17 18:45:09 PDT 2002

Nicolas FRANCOIS (AKA El Bofo) wrote:
> Great. Another one, more accurate with my wife's views on budget :
>
> Athlon 1800+
> Chipset 420D (with AGP Nvidia video integrated)
> 512 Mo DDRRAM 2100
>
> How about this ? Less than 300 euros solution ? Anything better, and still
> compatible with Linux ? Is the 420D chipset recognized by X-Window ?

I had this configuration, on an MSI k7n 420 pro. I had problems with the
integrated chipset and X Windows. NVidia's drivers didn't help at all. I
got it to work once, but after a HD crash, I had to reinstall all and
NVidia's drivers just kept crashing and I could not get them working
again (forgot the error message). Other than that, it works fine, and
the morthboard is great (but remember, FANS). If you go this route, pick
your self up a cheap MX440 based card ($99 in the states, don't know how
much there), and you'll be set.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org