ldconfig

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar at speakeasy.net
Thu Oct 17 15:29:59 PDT 2002

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, Dan Osterrath wrote:

> > ldconfig -p output load of stuff on my LFS. Lets eliminate the easy ones:
> >   You have to run ldconfig to update the cache.
> >   /etc must be writable when you do.
>
> $ echo $UID - $LOGNAME
> 0 - root
>
> $ ls -l / | grep etc
> drwxr-xr-x 8 root root 4096	Okt 17 15:29 etc
>
> $ ls -l /etc/ld.so.c*
> - -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 64 Okt 17 16:02 /etc/ld.so.cache
> - -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 31 Okt 17 15:03 /etc/ld.so.conf
>
> $ cat /etc/ld.so.conf
> /usr/local/lib
> /usr/X11R6/lib
>
> $ ldconfig -v
> /lib:
> /usr/lib:
> /usr/local/lib:
> /usr/X11R6/lib:
>
> $ ldconfig -vp
> 0 libs found in cache `/etc/ld.so.cache'
>
> This was really just too easy! Other ideas?

Rebuild your binutils and glibc, and make _100% certain_ that you are
doing unset, THEN export on that LDFLAGS argument.  It might be that you
did get the flags unset properly before, but it's a certainty that your
linker is broken, and that means rebuilding glibc.

Do the `make check` this time before you do the `make install` with glibc.
There's no way it should have passed it's own self tests being broken like
that.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org