ldconfig

Richard Lightman richard at nezumi.plus.com
Thu Oct 17 07:01:12 PDT 2002

* Dan Osterrath <do3 at mail.inf.tu-dresden.de> [2002-10-17 14:49]:

> No matter what I set into /etc/ld.so.conf ld wont find any libraries except
> the ones in /lib and /usr/lib. After setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the correct
> value (/usr/X11R6/lib/:/usr/local/lib:/opt/qt/lib) everything works ok.
> The only problem is to keep /etc/ld.so.conf in sync with LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Ony
> suggestions for a small script?
> Another problem comes to daylight when trying to show the ld cache with
> ldconfig -p. The cache is empty! I think this wont be really fast...
> So what's the problem with ldconfig?

ldconfig -p output load of stuff on my LFS. Lets eliminate the easy ones:
  You have to run ldconfig to update the cache.
  /etc must be writable when you do.

Richard

$(if $(foreach dir,$(shell cat $(LFS)/etc/ld.so.conf),$(call DIR_TEST,destdir$(dir)),$(if $(LFS),[ ! -f $(LFS)/sbin/ldconfig ] || chroot $(LFS) /sbin/)ldconfig)))

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org