problems with glibc-2.2.5

sptddolphin at netscape.net sptddolphin at netscape.net
Thu Oct 17 06:58:38 PDT 2002

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 09:24:53AM -0400, sptddolphin at netscape.net
wrote:
> I'm using CVS 2002-09-10.  On my version of the manual there is no

Simple answer...don't! It was too muddled at that point. If you look at
the updated packages between 20020910 and 4.0, you'll probably see not
much extra that needs downloading. Mostly tiny patches and whatnot. Then
use the 4.0 book and you're good to go. :)

--
Archaic

--
Don't ever think you know what's right for the other person.  He might
start thinking he knows what's right for you.

- Paul Williams, `Das Energi'

I took your advice and downloaded the changed files erased everything except for the tarballs and started over with LFS 4.0.  That eliminated the problems prior to the glibc error.  However, I'm still having the same problem with glibc-2.2.5.  I did notice I was getting "signed comparison"? warnings with quite a few files during the static compilation of GCC 3.2 in chap. 5.

How do you check what environment variables are set.  I haven't set any but I did see formit_frame_buffer come up during compilation.

Thanks,
Will

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org