localnet script

John Nielsen da02043 at mail.ikasths.dk
Thu Oct 17 01:35:41 PDT 2002

On Thursday 17 October 2002 10:29 am, you wrote:
> ""Todd V. Rovito"" <rovitotv at stargt.com> wrote
>
> > Is this the same reason why my root is mounted twice, or did I screw
>
> something up?
>
> > output from df -h below
> >
> > Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
> > rootfs                5.0G  1.5G  3.2G  32% /
> > /dev/root             5.0G  1.5G  3.2G  32% /
>
> I believe that this is a bug in the linux kernel (2.4.19 only I think)...I
> shouldn't think it's too long before a 2.4.20 release now though, unless
> you want to try a pre- version kernel.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Matt.

Your root filesystem is not mountet twice (right?). It has that output because
df gets its information from the proc filesystem instead of from the normal
/etc/mtab. (/etc/mtab is a symlink to a /proc file). I hope the kernel guys
fixes that though as it is annoying the hell out of me too. :-)

But dont worry... It is just a cosmetic bug... :-)

John Nielsen

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org