to boot lfs with runlevel-1?

somez72 somez72 at chollian.net
Thu Oct 17 06:57:39 PDT 2002

Hello, Everybody.
    I installed LFS 3.3 version.
    I think It's working well run-level 3.
    I'd like to run my LFS machine in run-level 1.
    but when I run it in run-level 1, I always met following message. even
if I checked file system via fsck, e2fsck.

   Checking files systems...
    /dev/hda3 : clean, 26196/193152 files, 159927/385560 blocks.
    Creating new /var/run/utmp...
    Removing possible /etc/nologin /fastboot and /forcefsck...
    Setting clock...
    Real Time Clock Driver v1.10e
    insmod : Note: /etc/modules.conf is more recent than
/lib/modules/2.4.18/modules.dep
Bring up the loopback interface...
Setting hostname to lfs
INIT: Entering runlevel : 1
Give root password for maintenance
(or type Control-D for for normal startup ):
maybe I'm sure my LFS partion  didn't crashed. file systems is correct.
when I use fsck or e2fsck, I didn't get any error messages.
whenever I input Control-D,  "Give root password for maintenace (or type
contrl_D for normal startup )" message displayed again  on my console.

How can I solve this problem? is it possible to get rid of this message?

Thanks a lot.
Have a day.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org