Lilo Version conflict

Hannes Birnbacher mail at hannes-birnbacher.de
Tue Oct 15 02:07:51 PDT 2002

Antwort auf die E-Mail vom Mo 14 Okt 2002 11:26:17p :

> Use the files from the new (LFS) /boot directory then. Make
> a backup of the old /boot partition and copy the stuff over
> from the LFS /boot directory.

Just for the record, booting stopped with "lilo: no signature" or
so, so I could not access MS-Windows nor any of the Linux
versions.
After applying the SuSE rescue systems I got a "message segment
too big" error or similar, so I gave up for the time being. My
Suse 8.1 will arrive soon. Hope I can install a new MBR with grub
then and continue using Linux.

I will not use Lilo in future. They must be crazy, to make
versions which follow each other in a very short time
incompatible with what the elder version installed in the
mbr.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org