4.0-RELEASE vs. 4.0-RC1

Hannes Birnbacher mail at hannes-birnbacher.de
Tue Oct 15 02:07:48 PDT 2002

Antwort auf die Message vom 15 Okt 2002 von Richard A Downing:

> Just check the Changelog in the book version you are using
> and download the revised packages either from the LFS mirror
> you use or from the package's homesite.

Still simpler, I logged into the cvs Download directory and checked
 the dates of the files there. If they are newer than your tarball
which you, like me, obviously have downloaded originally,
download them anyway.
This meant that I downloaded eight patches but needed only three,
but the useless stuff (there's more, like mawk, replaced by gawk,
and reiserfs, which seems to have been eliminated from the LFS
book) is very small, all together.
.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org