LFS this weekend! WOOOOO!!!

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Mon Oct 14 13:46:38 PDT 2002

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002 20:11:47 +0000 (UTC)
rbpark at ualberta.ca (Rob Park) wrote:

> On Saturday 12 October 2002 03:09 am, Ian Molton wrote:
> > On Sat, 12 Oct 2002 05:55:18 +0000 (UTC)
> >
> > rbpark at ualberta.ca (Rob Park) wrote:
> > > it to say that every system I've seen using devfs had broken
> > > bass/treble controls, and every system without it had working
> > > ones.
> >
> > you have to set permissions on the /dev/sound/* stuff.
>
> # cd /dev/sound/
> # ls -l
> total 0
> crw-------    1 feztaa   audio     14,  14 Dec 31  1969 admmidi
> crw-------    1 feztaa   audio     14,  12 Dec 31  1969 adsp
> crw-------    1 feztaa   audio     14,  13 Dec 31  1969 amidi
> crw-------    1 feztaa   audio     14,   4 Dec 31  1969 audio
> crw-------    1 feztaa   audio     14,   9 Dec 31  1969 dmmidi
> crw-------    1 feztaa   audio     14,   3 Dec 31  1969 dsp
> crw-------    1 feztaa   audio     14,   2 Dec 31  1969 midi
> crw-------    1 feztaa   audio     14,   0 Dec 31  1969 mixer
> crw-------    1 feztaa   audio     14,   1 Dec 31  1969 sequencer
> crw-------    1 feztaa   audio     14,   8 Dec 31  1969 sequencer2
>
> Looks good to me. the bass/treble sliders in my mixer simply do
> nothing. all the other sliders work just fine.

which mixer is that?

I find that some mixers assume the card has these controls, when in
fact, many newer cards implement the controls in softloaded microcode,
not present in the kernel drivers, often. My SBlive! is one such card.

PS. why dont you leave the audio stuff as root:audio and add feztaa to
the audio group?
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org