Lilo Version conflict

Hannes Birnbacher mail at hannes-birnbacher.de
Mon Oct 14 11:06:08 PDT 2002

Hi,

I cant write lilo.conf to the MBR with my lfs 4, because Lilo
22.2 says old MBR ist from Lilo 21.7.

Any hints?

There's a story behind it, with hours of work to restore
destroyed host distribution, applying rescue disks etc., but I
don't want to bore everybody with that one. Please don't believe
I was too lazy to do some "man xyz". Even a MID would be welcome,
because I seem to remember the question has been asked before but
I'm not sure it was here in lfs.support.

Seems lilo -u would not delete MBR created by an other
distribution, and even after doing lilo -U lilo refused to write
a new MBR, because my /boot (with is on an extra partition,
shared between LFS and my host distribution) still does contain
files created by the previous lilo version.

TIA,

Hannes
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org