mount problem

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Mon Oct 14 09:59:56 PDT 2002

On Monday 14 October 2002 14:27, you wrote:
> Moin!
>
> My home direktory is on a nfs-server boss.
>
> mount boss:/home /home
> takes a very long time for mounting.

Assuming the mount succeeds in the end, rename the three ?mnt files in
/var/lib/nfs (on the server). Also, check that /etc/exports has NO extraneous
whitespace - especially at the beginings of lines - and no comments (at least
before the active entries.) I have had endless problems with nfs which were
resolved by cleaning the exports file!

> Next prob: I would like to mount boss:/home in /etc/fstab this don't
> work. Is it the error above, or must I start nfs in rc3?

You will need to have nfs to mount a share, yes.

> Is there any howto on the web?

www.linuxdoc.org

Dylan

--