Sh-utils-2.0: error from the configure script

Simon Comeau Martel martelsc at videotron.ca
Mon Oct 14 06:59:19 PDT 2002

LFS-CVS
Chapter 6
Installing Sh-utils-2.0

When I do ./configure --prefix=/usr  I get the following error:

patching file man/Makefile.in
patching file src/Makefile.in
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for a BSD compatible install... /bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... configure: error: ls -t appears to fail.  Make sure there is not a broken
alias in your environment
configure: error: newly created file is older than distributed files!
Check your system clock
root:/usr/src/sh-utils-2.0#

Does the problem come from /bin/ls ? I didn't got any previous error from it, and he seem to run well!  Anyway, just in case it can be usefull --> From my host distribution (LFS 3.3):

file $LFS/bin/ls

ls: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped

Thx in advance
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org