chroot and then no files

Bill maltby - LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Mon Oct 14 05:19:42 PDT 2002

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002 HolgerZebner at gmx.de wrote:
> Hi,
> I need some help. My basic progis are well installed now (/static/src) and I
> now I want to change the root and continue. the "chroot" worked well but
> then the "new" bash says when I try mkdir or ls the following:
> /static/bin/mkdir : there is no such file or directory
> I don't understand that since I can see the files with my host distro (suse
> 7.1)

With the above information, my *guess* is the problem is between

   "/static/src"   and
   "/static/bin"

It *appears* there is a discrepancy.

Review the LFS book for the places where it references PATH. One of these
will be the "chroot $LFS...", IIRC. Review man bash watching for
references to PATH.

--
Bill Maltby
billm at wlmcs.com