LILO graphical splash screens for LFS

Dagmar d'Surreal dagmar at speakeasy.net
Sun Oct 13 19:03:14 PDT 2002

On Sat, 12 Oct 2002, Martin Kavec wrote:

> I have just finished LFS4.0 and thought about a LILO splash screen. The
> LFS4.0 installs a lilo-22.2 and has a link to bootlogo hint (LILO boot
> splash screen) which, however assumes lilo-21.7. So, I am a bit confused.
> Can I patch 22.2 with 21.7. In addition, the links in bootlogo hint lead to
> unexisting server.
> Could you please, explain me, how did you managed?

Lilo 22.2 already has everything you need in it.  No patching is required.

Furthermore, the tarballs I've uploaded have had documentation galore in
them about how to install the graphical splash screens.  See the README,
FAQ, and lilo.conf-sample (or whatever I named it).  Installing them
merely amounts to putting the bmp file into /boot (for wont of anywhere
more reasonable to stash it) and then pasting four lines into the global
section of your lilo.conf before you run lilo and reboot to see it.  The
sample config file should make things painfully obvious.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org