e2fsprogs too old ??

Dieter Schmitz dieter at adele.gerwinski.de
Sat Oct 12 23:20:08 PDT 2002

Hello,

I installed a new fresh LFS-4.0 and have a problem with e2fsprogs.
e2fsck can`t check my my LFS partition, it says there unsupported
features used by my partiton and i need to update e2fsprogs. So I can`t
boot my LFS system. The partiton itself is okay, i can mount it in my
LFS system and my host distro (Gentoo 1.4-rc1). The e2fsprogs of Gentoo
doesn`t have any problem with the LFS partition. I noticed that Gentoo
uses e2fsprogs-1.29 and LFS-4.0 uses the version 1.27 of e2fsprogs. Do
I really need to update e2fsprogs or can i remove these features with
tune2fs or something? If i update can i use the same commands as in
Version 1.27?

Best Regards
Dieter
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org