lfs boots, but where's the login prompt??

Judd jbaileys at bigpond.net.au
Wed Oct 9 14:42:52 PDT 2002

Ben wrote:

I had that problem once - it was because I'd changed to devfs, and my
getty couldn't find /dev/tty cause devfs puts terminal devices under
/dev/vc/* . So, that could well be the problem. I'd guess if that's not
it then it's something to do with devices, and it's almost certainly
got something to do with your getty.

Judd wrote:
I havent changed to devfs, but I agree with you that its a getty problem....
it looks like it is having problems switching over from the startup scripts
tto runlevel 3.  I tried changing it to runlevel 5 in the /etc/inittab
file, but same problem occurs.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org