lfs boots, but where's the login prompt??

Ben benhoskings at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 9 05:22:12 PDT 2002

I had that problem once - it was because I'd changed to devfs, and my
getty couldn't find /dev/tty cause devfs puts terminal devices under
/dev/vc/* . So, that could well be the problem. I'd guess if that's not
it then it's _something_ to do with devices, and it's almost certainly
got something to do with your getty.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org