How to build a FHS system

Michael Osman Talayman michael at talayman.dk
Wed Oct 9 02:36:56 PDT 2002

Hello and thanks to everyone who was kind enough to answer my post.

The reasson why I want a system which is only FHS compliant is that, with
ver.4 of LFS the packages take op som 100MB and I get the same feeling when
installing all these packages that I get when installing RedHat: I don't have
any control over what is installe where on my system and what theses files
do. By building a system which is only FHS compliant I feel I have more
control of the system and I can then gradually build up the system from
there.

You wrote that I should just install everything and then delete the programs I
dont want, but don't I then risc having non-used files on my computer?

Thanks again
MOT

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org