lfs boots, but where's the login prompt??

Judd jbaileys at bigpond.net.au
Wed Oct 9 10:13:57 PDT 2002

I installed the cvs version of lfs (20020914), and it has been working
really well for a while.  Now, however, when I try to start lfs, it boots
up, runs the bootscripts, and when it loads the last script (alsa in my
case), everything just stops.... no login prompt, no anything.
I can press CTRL-ALT-DEL to reboot, but thats about it.  I can't even get
into other terminals.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thank-you
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org