perl installation error(3.3)

Pushpendra Maharya pushpendram at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 8 22:46:27 PDT 2002

Perl installation in Chapter 6 book 3.3 on Red Hat 7.3 gives me error like:

First let's make sure your kit is complete.  Checking...
Configure: awk: command not found
cat: /usr/src/lfs-packages-3.3/perl-5.6.1/UU/x??: No such file or directory
Looks good...

Configure: awk: command not found

Would you like to see the instructions? [n]

Locating common programs...
I don't know where 'awk' is, and my life depends on it.
Go find a public domain implementation or fix your PATH setting!

I have checked path and everyting as per my knowledge.Any help is
appreciated.Thanks in advance.

Best Regards & Wishes
Pushpendra Maharya