Glibc-2.2.5 build problem

Hannes Birnbacher mail at hannes-birnbacher.de
Tue Oct 8 14:18:43 PDT 2002

Antwort auf die Message vom 06 Okt 2002 von Hannes Birnbacher:

> When building Glibc-2.2.5 at the beginning of Chapter 6,
> Version 20020908, I keep getting the error:
>
> Makerules: 679 *** multiple target patterns. Stop
> make[1]: leaving

I re-built the LFS partition with all efforts to do it correctly
and glibc-2.2.5 now compiled all right. Thanks to everyone who
bothered to read my questions or even replied to it. They were
all helpful. I am absorbing hints and informations like a
sponge;-).  Thanks especially for e-mailing me and offering
help:-).
I still do'nt know what went wrong in the first place, and never
will. I just invested a lot of time of reading, typing, checking
and re-checking since.

--
If you wanna be good, you gotta read.