Compiling QT 3.x in LFS 3.3

Uncle Bungle ih8grep at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 8 12:21:56 PDT 2002

I am attemting to compile QT 3.0.5 with the KDE
configure options:

./configure -system-zlib -qt-gif -system-libpng \
-system-libjpeg -plugin-imgfmt-mng -thread -no-stl \
-no-xinerama -no-g++-exceptions

When I run make, the build fails at random points due
to "internal compiler errors". I've tried different
configure options, and the only one that works is the
one with no options at all (which won't work with KDE
becuse it requires threading support). I was wondering
if anyone else has had similar problems and what they
did to solve them.

Vital system statistics:

AMD K6-2/450 128meg SD RAM
LFS V3.3