How to build a FHS system

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Tue Oct 8 10:53:20 PDT 2002

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002 19:11:39 +0200 Michael Osman Talayman
<michael at talayman.dk> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I want to build a LFS system which only contains the files and folders
> nessesary to be FHS compliant,

And why is that useful?

>and nothing more. To build this system I
> follow the LFS ver. 4 book.
>
> The problem is that some of the packages that I need to install,
> contains more programs than I need.
>
> My question is: How do I install only those programs from a given
> package that I need (and make the compiler disregard the rest of the
> programs)?

There is no general answer to this and for most packages this is too
difficult to be worth the trouble. Simply do a full install and delete the
programs you don't want.

MSB

--
Objectivity is just collective subjectivity.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org