Help Unable to compile bash

Richard Pinnell pinr at rocketmail.com
Tue Oct 8 07:32:57 PDT 2002

Hi I'm trying to install lfs from a mandrake 9 dist.
However when I come to compile the first package Bash
2.05a I get the following error:
In file included from shell.h:41,
                 from shell.c:48:
externs.h:163: conflicting types for `gethostname'
/usr/include/unistd.h:734: previous declaration of
`gethostname'
externs.h:196: conflicting types for `strncasecmp'
/usr/include/string.h:277: previous declaration of
`strncasecmp'
make: *** [shell.o] Error
Why is bash declaring a funcitons gethostname and
strncasecmp differently from my glibc?  What can I do
to get it to compile.  Thanks
Richard
Sorry sending again because I wasn't subscribed to
list silly me