where's my gasp??

dagmar at speakeasy.net dagmar at speakeasy.net
Mon Oct 7 18:58:10 PDT 2002

On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Hannes Birnbacher wrote:

> Txs, I'm trying to;-). Still I do not find any file or symlink
> named "gasp" (seems they do have a physical existence, made
> visible by ls with a preceding "@" but I hope sooner or later I
> will find out where it is.
>
> But could you please give me a hint where to find those "build
> logs"? I assume they are the stored content of what I see on the
> monitor during compilation but I was not yet able to trace down
> where to find them.

Short answer about build logs:

You don't have 'em unless you made them while you were building your
packages.

Long, complex answer:

standardmake() {
  echo "Running make..."
  make > $TMP_LOGDIR/make.txt 2>&1
  if [ $? != 0 ]; then
    echo "*** The make failed!"
    exit 1
  fi
}

...and that's all I'm gonna say, aside from being able to write shell
scripts is a useful thing.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org