Verify mount proc in chroot giving "not enough memory" error

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Oct 7 15:09:46 PDT 2002

On October 7, 2002 03:09 pm, Matthew Burgess wrote:
> I assume you've already found the following rather long thread:
> http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/lfs-support/2002/08/0641.
>h tml?

Yes have read it

> I believe the upshot is that it's something to do with the static version
> of mount, but aside from that who knows?  I followed Bill et. al.'s
> procedure of mounting proc from outside the chroot environment - but I
> can't remember whether I used the static version or my host's version.

Yes I know that does work. I'm just trying to figure out the reason for the
failure. It just screws up automation processes and I was hoping maybe
somebody found a solution. Right now I can only join the ranks in finding out
when it happens, not why.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org