Verify mount proc in chroot giving "not enough memory" error

dagmar at speakeasy.net dagmar at speakeasy.net
Mon Oct 7 14:14:50 PDT 2002

On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I haven't tracked it down at all, at this point I'm just wondering if I'm the
> only one who gets that error from mount when mounting proc fs inside chroot.

Note that it's probably mounting it anyway.  Remember me mentioned a
month or so back about never having known about the --bind option to
mount?  That error would pop up every time, and I'd ignore it every time
since I only needed to read those unchanging filesystems.

You can probably ignore the error, since I don't think /proc is going to
be subject to fs corruption from simultaneous writes causing a race
condition (provided you avoid simultaneous writes  ;)  ).

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org