where's my gasp??

Hannes Birnbacher mail at hannes-birnbacher.de
Mon Oct 7 14:17:01 PDT 2002

Antwort auf die E-Mail vom Mo 07 Okt 2002 07:48:55p :

> It's very possible that should be construed as an error in
> the book, since binutils installs that as (simply) 'as'.  I
> actually had to dig into my build logs to figure out for
> sure that that was the case because I was pretty sure that
> gasp was still valid for x86 and I knew I was using
> binutils-2.13 over here with no trouble.  You have 'as' I am
> sure, so you can relax.  :)

Txs, I'm trying to;-). Still I do not find any file or symlink
named "gasp" (seems they do have a physical existence, made
visible by ls with a preceding "@" but I hope sooner or later I
will find out where it is.

But could you please give me a hint where to find those "build
logs"? I assume they are the stored content of what I see on the
monitor during compilation but I was not yet able to trace down
where to find them.

TIA :-)

Hannes
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org