Verify mount proc in chroot giving "not enough memory" error

Matthew Burgess ca9mbu at eos.sunderland.ac.uk
Mon Oct 7 14:09:45 PDT 2002

"Gerard Beekmans" <gerard at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote

>Hi guys,
>
>I haven't tracked it down at all, at this point I'm just wondering if I'm
the
>only one who gets that error from mount when mounting proc fs inside
chroot.

I assume you've already found the following rather long thread:
http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/lfs-support/2002/08/0641.h
tml?

I believe the upshot is that it's something to do with the static version of
mount, but aside from that who knows?  I followed Bill et. al.'s procedure
of mounting proc from outside the chroot environment - but I can't remember
whether I used the static version or my host's version.

Good luck!

Matt.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org