Verify mount proc in chroot giving "not enough memory" error

Rui Ferreira ruifmferreira at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 7 13:40:46 PDT 2002

From: "Gerard Beekmans" <gerard at linuxfromscratch.org>
To: <lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org>
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 9:24 PM
Subject: Verify mount proc in chroot giving "not enough memory" error

Hi guys,

I haven't tracked it down at all, at this point I'm just wondering if
I'm the
only one who gets that error from mount when mounting proc fs inside
chroot.

It happened to me once.
I was using mount --bind when building chapter 5 and didn't umount it
before the chroot command.
Since I wasn't doing 'by the book' I never reported it.
Unbinding it before the chroot worked for me (or so it seemed).

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org