where's my gasp??

dagmar at speakeasy.net dagmar at speakeasy.net
Mon Oct 7 10:44:34 PDT 2002

On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Hannes Birnbacher wrote:

> Hi,
> I have had the same question in my February version of the LFS
> book, as in Version 3.3 and now in 4.0 CVS: some files mentioned
> among "Contents of ..." are missing, for example gasp, from
> Binutils-2.13 at the beginning of chapter 5 (Host system SuSE
> 7.3).

(some snippage)

> I would be very grateful if somebody could point out to me if
> gasp, from binutils-2.13, should be there or not, or if anybody
> has it in it's build of LFS.

It's very possible that should be construed as an error in the book, since
binutils installs that as (simply) 'as'.  I actually had to dig into my
build logs to figure out for sure that that was the case because I was
pretty sure that gasp was still valid for x86 and I knew I was using
binutils-2.13 over here with no trouble.  You have 'as' I am sure, so you
can relax.  :)

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org