removing debugging info from binaries and first boot USB error message

Nikolas John dackel321 at gmx.de
Mon Oct 7 09:53:50 PDT 2002

Upon stripping debug info in chapter 9 I am getting LOTS of messages saying
"file format not recognized". Is that supposed to be so? Does it just mean
that the files in question are not meant to be stripped?

Secondly, on booting into my LFS for the first time I got the error-message:
"mount: mount point /proc/bus/usb does not exist"
it further said that there was an error in: "/etc/rc.d/rcsysinit.d/S40mountfs"

Did I make a mistake configuring USB support in the kernel?

Hope I didn't violate any rules on how to ask questions.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org