where's my gasp??

Hannes Birnbacher mail at hannes-birnbacher.de
Mon Oct 7 08:00:18 PDT 2002

Hi,
I have had the same question in my February version of the LFS
book, as in Version 3.3 and now in 4.0 CVS: some files mentioned
among "Contents of ..." are missing, for example gasp, from
Binutils-2.13 at the beginning of chapter 5 (Host system SuSE
7.3).

After I compiled Binutils, I changed into the $LFS/static/bin
directory and there were all of the "Contents of Binutils" stated
in the book, but gasp was missing. (I further noticed there was
c++filt in addition to the mentioned).
I tried out the contents by typing, for example,
./addr2line --version and they proved to be functioning, giving
the expected output.
gasp is not among them but it is in my host distribution all
right, which I tested by typing gasp --version (without
specifying $LFS/static/bin/./filename), which gave me an output
mentioning Suse in the version name.

I would be very grateful if somebody could point out to me if
gasp, from binutils-2.13, should be there or not, or if anybody
has it in it's build of LFS.

TIA,

Hannes Birnbacher, Germany
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org