random number generator

Stefan Riha s.riha at gmx.at
Mon Oct 7 02:56:46 PDT 2002

I have a problem with the random number generator from the BLFS book.
I have copyed the script from the html page to an text file on my windows
laptop and have copyed it to an dos formated floppy.
Now i have mounted the floppy on my LFS computer (CVS20020918) and copyed
the file to /etc/rc.d/init.d/random.
Now i have set the right links.

At next i have rebooted the LFS computer.

At start time i always get the following error message:

: command not foundrandom
: No such file or directory/etc/sysconfig/rc
: No such file or directory
'etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S25random: line 9: syntax error near unexpected token `in
'etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S25random: line 9: `case "$1" in

I dont know how doas i could solve this problem.
I hope you can help me and please writ back!

MFG
Stefan Riha

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org