Bash-2.05a compilation errors

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Mon Oct 7 00:14:59 PDT 2002

On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Aaron Cordova wrote:

> I am trying to compile bash on the new mandrake 9.0 there must be errors in
> the c-lib that ships with mandrake 9. make exits with the following lines
>

>           ***********************************************************
>           *                                                         *
>           * GNU bash, version 2.05a.0(3)-release (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
>           *                                                         *
>           ***********************************************************
>
> rm -f shell.o
> gcc -s  -DPROGRAM='"bash"' -DCONF_HOSTTYPE='"i686"'
> -DCONF_OSTYPE='"linux-gnu"' -DCONF_MACHTYPE='"i686-pc-linux-gnu"'
> -DCONF_VENDOR='"pc"' -DSHELL -DHAVE_CONFIG_H   -I.  -I. -I./include -I./lib
> -g -O2 -c shell.c
> In file included from shell.h:41,
>                  from shell.c:48:
> externs.h:163: conflicting types for `gethostname'
> /usr/include/unistd.h:734: previous declaration of `gethostname'
> externs.h:196: conflicting types for `strncasecmp'
> /usr/include/string.h:277: previous declaration of `strncasecmp'
> make: *** [shell.o] Error 1

 I think the exact same problem (well, on mdk9.0 RC2) came up at the
beginning of the month. The poster in that case solved it by installing the
glibc-devel-headers package.

 You might want to use the search engine at the lfs website before
posting a problem, it saves your time if the answer is already in the
archive.

Ken

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org