LILO config for multiple hard drive setup

The Cheeze Cheeziologist at attbi.com
Sun Oct 6 22:05:02 PDT 2002

Firstly, let me say that I have been wondering for a while on how to do
a linux system from scratch and the book is excellent to this end. That
being said, my question is this: In reading the ending pages of the 4.0
guide it talks about how to set up LILO. If I were to set up lfs on hdb
from an install of debian 2.2r6 on hda and were then to remove hda from
the computer, would that pose problems booting because LILO is in the
MBR on hda (I could be completely wrong in that assumption but that's
always how I've thought it works) or would I be safe because LILO is
installed with my lfs installation. If it would pose a problem booting
how can I fix it, presumably by putting LILO in the MBR of hdb (I could
also be wrong about that assumption). Thank you!

P.S I just subscribed to this list minutes ago, if that makes any
difference when posting a reply.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org