Compiling error wil compiling "findutils"

Jim Mischel jim at mischel.com
Sun Oct 6 16:08:50 PDT 2002

> The configuration stops which the following message:
> checking for -lsun... (cached) no
> checking for -lseq... no
> checking for getmntent... no
> checking whether closedir returns void... configure: error: can not run
test program while cross compiling

I ran into this problem last night.  In my case, it was caused by mis-typing
the configure command.  I forgot the "-" character in
"CPPFLAGS=-Dre_max_failures=re_max_failures2"

There's a dash (-) right after the first equal (=).  I've missed it in two
different LFS builds.

Jim

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org