Glibc-2.2.5 build problem

Hannes Birnbacher noemail915 at hannes-birnbacher.de
Sun Oct 6 11:52:30 PDT 2002

Antwort auf die Message vom 06 Okt 2002 von Hannes Birnbacher:

> When building Glibc-2.2.5 at the beginning of Chapter 6,
> Version 20020908, I keep getting the error:
>
> Makerules: 679 *** multiple target patterns. Stop

In the meantime I found out that my diffutils weren't present. I
compiled them but now the files are there all right, but bash
keeps ignoring them (and yes, they are compiled "static", at
least their size is quite big; and yes, "root" is the owner as
far as I can be sure). I must have made some mistake in
compiling diffutils or elsewhere. Maybe I start all over again,
checking after each step that all the files are there and
checking again after chrooting (beginning of chapter 6) that
they are working:-(.

Thanks to everybody who bothered to read my posting and think
about my problem.

--
If you wanna be good, you gotta read.