Glibc-2.2.5 build problem

Hannes Birnbacher noemail915 at hannes-birnbacher.de
Sun Oct 6 06:33:29 PDT 2002

When building Glibc-2.2.5 at the beginning of Chapter 6, Version
20020908, I keep getting the error:

Makerules: 679 *** multiple target patterns. Stop
make[1]: leaving
make: *** [all] Error 2

I tried it several times, every time deleting the glibc-2.2.5
sources and the glibc.build directories, unpacking the sources
new.
As host system I first used LFS Version 20020215 and later tried
SuSE 7.3.
I even tried to build Glibc-2.2.5 from the Version 20020908
tarball, but following the 20020215 book, which seems to apply a
sed routine instead of the patch. There were no differences in
the mentioned error message.

Any hints will be appreciated.
I am not registered with the mailinglist, but posting to
news.linuxfromscratch.org. As I noticed I never got a reply from
Gerald or Bill, probably for technical reasons(?), any hints from
users who might have come upon the same problem will be greatly
appreciated.
I went through the more recent postings mentioning Problems with
Glibc-2.2.5 but did not find anything exactly matching the
"multiple target patterns" message.

TIA
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org