Compiling error wil compiling "findutils"

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Oct 5 19:31:19 PDT 2002

On October 5, 2002 01:50 pm, vraagbaak at zeelandnet.nl wrote:
> How can I turn off the "cross compiler" or is there something else to be
> done?

There was a problem running an earlier test which made the configure script
think you're using a cross compiler, which you aren't. Often it's caused by a
missing header file or library on your Redhat system.

The config.log file will tell you what went wrong and has the error messages
that occured (those errors aren't displayed on your screen, they only appear
in that config.log file).

Have a look at the file and see if you can find the problem. If you can't make
head or tail out of it, attach the config.log file to an email and send it
our way. We'll have a look for you then.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org