Error compiling BASH: cannot get hostname

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Oct 5 19:28:42 PDT 2002

On October 5, 2002 11:04 am, Chris Keelan wrote:
> Working with the 4.0-RC1 version of the book and packages. It's my first
> time through this so I appologize if the answer is obvious.
>
> bash fails its build with the following error:

I assume you're in chapter 5.

Please send the output of the configure script so we can compare it to a
working installation. Most likely your Mandrake is missing a header file
which made Bash fall back to a different setting which doesn't work either.
At this point it's mostly guess work. Output from configure would be very
helpful.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org