4.0-RC1: /dev/null permission denied in Chapter 6

Popov, Ivo bivenceto at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 5 09:00:30 PDT 2002

--- Thomas Müller <thmueller at myrealbox.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Trying 4.0-RC1. All works well, also in chapter 6 until reaching Linux
> header installation. Step "make include/linux/version.h" exited with error:
> /dev/null Permission denied. I ignored it. Next in glibc step
> "../glibc-2.2.5/configure ... " exits also with error: /dev/null Permission
> denied.

Thomas,
This may be a rather obvious answer and I would be surprised if you haven't tried it, but have you
attempted to set the write permissions for /dev/null?
Do a 'chmod 666 /dev/null' and try again.

Ivo

=====
"Godspeed, my friend,
for the winds of change blow not in our favour." - K.P. McGinn
Ivo Popov
ICQ #: 123353930
email: bivenceto at yahoo.com