gnome-libs 1.42 + which db version ?

julius junghans juliusjunghans at gmx.de
Fri Oct 4 10:25:14 PDT 2002

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002 11:31:21 -0500 (CDT)
dagmar at speakeasy.net wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, julius junghans wrote:
>
> > ..in addition to the
> > --prefix=/usr (I HOPE that's what you're using, otherwise you'll need to...
> >
> > berkley dbs default location is /usr/local...isnt that okay ?
>
> I don't think I've ever used /usr/local for it before, but yeah, it should
> search both /usr and /usr/local for them at the very least.
>
> > --enable-shared --enable-compat185 --enable-cxx with this parameters
> > berkley db compiles, a make install creates /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.1
>
> You not using --prefix=/usr makes things unneccessarily complicated.  The
> Book is pretty explicit about /usr versus /usr/local.  Go back and do it
> as /usr like everyone says.  *sigh*
>
> > i linked the files as followed
> > db.h -> ../../local/BerkeleyDB.3.1/include/db.h
> > lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           43 Oct  4 10:58 db_185.h -> ../../local/BerkeleyDB.3.1/include/db_185.h
> > lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           43 Oct  4 10:58 db_cxx.h -> ../../local/BerkeleyDB.3.1/include/db_cxx.h
> >
> > is that okay ?
>
> I've no idea because you only showed a relative link and I don't know
> where it begins so I can't tell where it's pointing to.
>
> > i removed the configure.cache from gnome.libs but they always say that
> > my db library isnt db 1.85 compactibel... i tried configure without
> > options and with --prefix=/usr/local but nothing helps
>
> You need to follow what I said above about using --prefix=/usr
>
> --

thx for your help...
without the prefix options i got db 4.0.x working with db 1.85 support...gnome libs are succesfully installed
evolution recognizes the 3.1.17 version in /usr/local but after some small probs
bonobo 1.0.3 wasnt found...i installed it twice run ldconfig but it isnt working
bonobos ./configure && make && make install runs...what can be wrong ?
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org