Partitioning questions

Ben benhoskings at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 4 04:06:23 PDT 2002

You may well be right, but I remember looking at some HDParm screenshots
at tomshardware.com that show the start of the disk performing at 45 -
50 MB/sec, while the end of the disk struggles to reach 25 or 30. I've
got my data setup at the end of the disk, but I'm yet to see if it
actually makes a difference [I haven't benchmarked it].

<off topic>
In any case, HDD's are interesting things, that's for sure. I dismantled
one a couple of months ago and powered it up - the motors and
positioning magnets inside are so damn cool. :D
</off topic>

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org